Bellevue Brewing Company (BBC) was the 6th visit on my bucket list of Washington State breweries. I found Bellevue Brewing using the Untappd app.
BBC is a family friendly sports-bar type of atmosphere located in an industrial business park. It is a really spacious open venue that offers large-screen projection perfect for game days and even private hospitality rooms. Not only does BBC focus on quality craft beer but they also have a fresh and local focused food menu. The menu is pretty big and reasonably priced. It’s hard to dislike a place that serves street tacos. BBC seems to enjoy catering to the needs of large groups and families and will even try to accommodate those with special dietary needs. Overall this is an easy-going place with helpful staff. As usual, I sampled all 7 of their craft beers they had on tap, which included 5 of their flagship beers.
- 425 Pale Ale – Pours a clear copper color with a thin white head. Light citrus hop aromas and flavors. Reminds me of a session ale. Easy drinking average pale ale. ABV: 4.8%, IBU: 37
- ESB – Pours an amber color with a moderate off-white head. Flavor is slightly sweet with a medium body and a mildly bitter roasted-malt finish. A decent beer. ABV: 5.6%, IBU: 33
- Oatmeal Stout –Pours a dark brown with a small beige head. Aromas of chocolate and roasted malts. Taste is similar with a hint of coffee on the finish. ABV: 5.8%, IBU: 36
- IPA – Pours a slightly hazy amber color with a small white head that leaves a little lacing on the glass. Sweet, caramel and pine aromas with a little citrus peel flavors. Not too bitter with a medium body and well balanced finish. ABV: 7.2%, IBU: 69
- Scotch Ale – Pours a red-brown with minimal head. Sweet caramel and toffee flavors and aromas. Sweet, bready malt finish. ABV: 7.7%, IBU: 32
Bellevue Brewing Company