Fremont Brewing was the 23rd visit on my bucket list of Washington State breweries. I wandered across Fremont brewery while touring the area trying to find the infamous Fremont Troll (which happens to be within walking distance).
This location is listed as an “urban beer garden.” The brewery is set in an industrial warehouse building that offers an indoor-outdoor space equipped with long community tables. As expected of any place in city of Fremont, which seems to be home to beer lovers, bike enthusiasts and aging hippies, this place has a relaxed welcoming vibe. Family and pet friendly, there is also small section with gym style bleacher seating. Seeing that area full of people kinda brought me back to my high school days with flashbacks to the 90’s teen sitcom Saved by the Bell. Overall, a great place to hang out and enjoy a cold brew. Due to their unique beers and ever rotating taps, including their weekly cask releases, this is one place to keep revisiting.
As usual I sampled all eleven beers they had on tap.
- Universal Pale Ale – A true Northwest style pale ale with a mild bitter hop finish. Pours a straw gold color with a decent white head. Crisp malts, citrusy hops, slightly sweet and well balanced. A solid pale ale and very drinkable. ABV: 5.6%
- Interurban IPA – Pours a slight hazy golden-orange color. Not overly bitter for an IPA. This beer is medium bodied with floral and citrus notes. ABV: 6.2%
- Proletariat Porter – Pours a deep dark brown color with small tan head. Expect flavors and aromas of chocolate and caramel with this porter. ABV: unknown
- Summer Ale – Light in color but full of flavor. Pours a pale yellow in color with a decent white head. This is a great summer beer with the refreshing citrus flavors and mild to medium bitterness. Flavor and bitterness is borderline IPA for me. ABV: 5.2%
- Wandering Wheat – Cloudy straw yellow in color with flavors of wheaty malts and lemon peel. This is the new and improved version of your traditional hefeweizen. ABV: 4.5%
- Randall: Wheat IPA: Orange, Lime Kumquat – Pours a hazy gold color, medium bodied with strong citrus flavors. Solid wheat beer. Can’t go wrong. ABV: unknown
- Dark Star Imperial Oatmeal Stout – Pours a dark brown color with a small tan head. Roasted malts and chocolate blended nicely with some coffee on the finish. ABV: 8.0%
- Trifecta IPA- Hazy light copper in color. Flavors and aromas consistent of citrus and herbs. Dry, flavorful and crisp. Medium bodied with an easy finish. ABV: 5.5%
- The Brother Imperial IPA – Pours a hazy orange color that clears. Unique smell of floral and citrus with flavor on the sweet side. Bitter and maltier as expected for an imperial IPA. Slight bit of booze on the finish. ABV: 8.5%
- Rye Saison – Clear amber color. Sweet with a bit of dry spice qualities. ABV: unknown
- Cask: Simultaneous Release Wheat IPA
* Logo courtesy of Fremont Brewing