Hi-Fi Brewing was the 32nd visit on my bucket list of Washington State breweries. I wandered across this fun and funky place while using the Untappd app. I was visiting Black Raven Brewing in Redmond, WA and discovered Hi-Fi Brewing was located just down the street.
Hi-Fi is set in a business park complex, similar to Black Raven. I think one of the best features of this brewery is the unique atmosphere they have created. The interior of Hi-Fi is reminiscent of a throwback-recording studio. With the use of vinyl records, geometric shapes, a faux record-shelf wall, sleek furniture and light wood paneling, Hi-Fi has done a great job carrying the music appreciation throughout. Complete with a turntable, every-other Monday is “Bring You Own Vinyl Night.” From the taproom there is also a viewing area of the brewing operation. The simple yet modern design isn’t overwhelming and gives the place a groovy vibe. Pets are also welcome.
Overall, a great spot to hang out and enjoy a cold brew or play some board games. Lastly, make sure you check out their cask night on Wednesday’s.
As usual I sampled all six beers they had on tap. And like their taproom, the beer was also a pleasant surprise.
- Pils – Pours a straw yellow color. Crisp flavor with mild herbal and floral aromas. Slightly bitter finish. ABV: 5.4%, IBU: 25
- Juicy IPA – Pours a light orange color. Citrus aromas and lots of hop flavors. Surprisingly not too bitter for a typical northwest IPA. ABV: 6.4%, IBU: 50
- VooDoo Chai – Pours a deep clear brown, this ale has all the aromas that you would expect from its name. A little sweet. It works, but only if you enjoy chai. ABV: 4.5%, IBU: 22
- Cookie Butter – An English Brown Ale that is intended to be a drinkable version of a “Speculoos cookie.” Think of a thin gingerbread cookie complete with all the holiday spices. This is definitely on the sweet side with toasty biscuit flavors. ABV: 4.5%, IBU: 22
- Porter – A medium bodied beer with the all the roasted character dark beer lovers enjoy. Hints of caramel and chocolate. Some coffee-like flavors going on too. I found this beer to also be on the sweet side. ABV: 6.8%, IBU: 40
- Nitro Porter – Tasted like more of the same but perhaps creamier with a little more prominent coffee flavor and aroma.