Skagit River Brewing was the 11th visit on my bucket list of Washington State breweries. I was in the area for the annual Skagit Valley Tulip festival and happened upon this location using the Untappd app.
This place not only offers a wide selection of beers, but they have an equally varied selection of foods to complement your drink of choice. From pub fare starters to wood fired pizzas and BBQ, you’d be hard pressed not to find something appetizing. As usual I sampled all nine beers they had on tap. Here are a few of the highlights.
- Farm To Market ESB – Pours a clear medium copper color with minimal head. Sweet with malted caramel flavors. Lightly hopped. ABV: 5.0%
- Blackhorn Bock – A medium clear brown color that packs sweet caramel flavors and malt aromas with a hint of spice. Smooth and even bodied. This beer is easy drinking. ABV: 6.2%
- Unkle D’s – Dunkelweisen. Pour a deep brown color. Toasty and sweet. Dry with a slightly bitter finish. ABV: 5.8%
- Sculler’s IPA- Pours a clear orange-amber color. Strong citrus taste and aroma. Definitely a very bitter IPA with a dry finish. Hard to drink a lot. ABV: 7.2%, IBU: 100+
- Del Rio Lager – Pours a clear gold color with minimal head. Aroma is mild grain with a slightly sweet taste. This is just a simple refreshing lager and perhaps an upgrade to a more commercial brand. ABV: 4.4%
Skagit River Brewing
* Location photo courtesy of Katy Lucas